No organization can be more helpful to automating the lease accounting process than the Procurement team, yet few companies have engaged them in their project efforts. Download this eBook to learn how Procurement can help accounting teams to identify new leases; track lease renewals and automate the collection of the necessary data fields.
Subscribe to Weekly Updates on the New Lease Accounting Standards
Enter your work email address below to start getting tips and best practices on data collection, budget planning and project strategies delivered straight to your inbox.
CEO Michael Keeler to Offer Best Practices on Software Selection to Comply with ASC 842 and IFRS 16
PHILADELPHIA, June 28, 2017 — LeaseAccelerator announced today that its CEO, Michael Keeler, will participate in a panel at today’s Financial Executives International (FEI) 2017 Accounting Change for Financial Leaders conference. LeaseAccelerator will participate along with major accounting firms and other software vendors in discussions focused on the selection and implementation of Enterprise Lease Accounting Software to support the new standards, ASC 842 and IFRS 16. Panelists will provide recommendations on key functional and technical specifications for the software as well as critical success factors for implementation.
How Oracle ERP Users Can Comply with the New Lease Accounting Standards
How to Define a Software Strategy for ASC 842 and IFRS 16
The first deadlines for the new lease accounting standards are quickly approaching in January 2019. During the Oracle Lease Accounting webinar, we will explain the challenges that financial reporting and accounting organizations will face with implementing these new rules. Specifically, what will be required from IT organizations to develop a Oracle lease accounting solution.
During the Oracle Lease Accounting webinar you will learn:
- What are the current capabilities of Oracle ERP for lease accounting?
- What are the key features of a lease accounting software application?
- What types of leasing documentation and data will need to be collected?
- What changes will be required to the General Ledger and Real Estate systems?
Real World Case Studies of Oracle ERP Customers
- IT strategies for complying with the new lease accounting standards
- Approach to complexities of managing IT, fleet and equipment leases
- Potential cost savings to be realized from better lease management
Product Satisfaction Lead – Job Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the Product Satisfaction team meets contractual SLAs regarding response time, and that other teams in the Technology Services organization are engaged as appropriate for timely resolution.
- Located in the Pacific Time Zone, you will have first-responder responsibility for support requests during the hours of 5-8 PM EST.
- You will research, select, and provision infrastructure, tools, applications and automated tools to support our build, test, and release processes.
- You will create infrastructure that increases performance, improves fault tolerance, and facilitates 24/7 operations and monitoring for the development group’s servers and services.
- You will provide predictability in our development processes by ensuring that build, test, and release processes run smoothly and meet product quality and delivery requirements.
The scope of your responsibilities means that you will play a critical role in implementing and monitoring our information security program, and in demonstrating our compliance with industry best practice controls.
The ideal candidate has an insatiable interest in new technologies; superior communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to work in diverse, globally distributed teams; strong organizational abilities and attention to detail; the ability to manage competing priorities; and the knowledge and perseverance to solve complex problems.
Due to the critical importance of accounting as a core feature of our deliverables, you must have a solid background in accounting, either educational – at least a two-year degree in accounting or a related field – or at least four years of related work experience. Please do not apply for this position if you do not understand the fundamentals of bookkeeping and financial statements, as you will not be in position to ensure the satisfaction of our clients if you cannot understand their needs.
Key Qualifications – Product Satisfaction Lead
- Software development; familiarity with both Java and PL/SQL is a must
- Virtualization and storage technologies; experience with AWS is a plus
- Scripting; experience with Perl and/or Python is a plus
- Continuous delivery tools; experience with Jenkins is a plus
Applicants must be authorized to work in United States
LeaseAccelerator Services, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
It’s National Scavenger Hunt day! And many accounting organizations are in the midst of a scavenger hunt of their own. Not just today, but all year-long accounting teams will be searching through file shares, document repositories and enterprise applications for copies of their leasing contracts.
If you need advice on where to find your leases check out our lease accounting scavenger hunt infographic below.
It’s National Scavenger Hunt day! And many accounting organizations are in the midst of a scavenger hunt of their own. Not just today, but all year-long accounting teams will be searching through file shares, document repositories and enterprise applications for copies of their leasing contracts. Below is a list of 15 recommendations on where to find your lease agreements.
CEO Michael Keeler to Discuss Enterprise Lease Accounting Software Technologies at Top Five Accounting Conference
Kent, Ohio – April 25, 2016 — LeaseAccelerator announced today that its CEO, Michael Keeler, will participate in two panels at the Annual Meonske Professional Development Conference presented by IMA’s Ohio Regional Council. Recognized as one of the “Top Five Accounting Conferences in the Country,” Meonske hosts finance, accounting and business executives interested in learning about the latest accounting and compliance regulations.
Watch a Replay of Our Webinar on Asset Level Lease Accounting
A Critical Policy Consideration for ASC 842 and IFRS 16 Implementation
Download a PDF of the Webinar Slides
Slides provide details including:
- Differences between asset and contract level lease accounting
- Key considerations for tax, budgeting, financial reporting and asset management
- Real world examples of payment schedules and sub-ledger journal entries
- Best practices for collecting data, establishing controls and selecting software.
White Papers, Case Studies and Webinars
Read Best Practices in Equipment Lease Management from our Experts.
Authored by PWC, this white paper explains the complex world of equipment leasing including the key organizational, process and systems challenges associated with managing assets such as airplanes, medical devices and construction equipment to furniture, laptops and printers. Equipment Lease Management Platforms (ELMP) can not only help you comply with the New Lease Accounting Standards but can lead to significant operational efficiency as well.
There are some similarities between real estate and equipment leases. Both have been neglected and under-funded at most organizations. There has been little investment in the people, systems and processes to support real estate and equipment leases.
Learn the 15 Critical Success Factors for Equipment Leasing. Learn how to standardize your lease versus buy analysis; how to competitively source financing; and proactively manage your end of term. By applying these industry best practices you can save millions.
Asset versus Contract Level Lease Accounting
One of the Most Important Asset Level Lease Accounting Policy Decisions You Will Need to Make for ASC 842 and IFRS 16
What percentage of your lease portfolio has multiple assets by discussing:
- Diversity of asset categories – Real estate, fleet, IT and other equipment types
- Financial reporting obligations in various countries
- Number of general ledgers
- Various contract structure of leases
We’ll help you to assess the need for asset-level lease accounting to support tax, budgeting and sourcing operations by exploring issues such as:
- Current ERP vendors and instances as well as your ERP roadmap and consolidation strategy
- Lease sourcing and procurement strategies such as spend aggregation and lease lines
- End-user and asset owner behaviors such as holding patterns
- Tax strategies as compared to accounting policies