Accounting Database Specialist
Location: Reston, VA
We are seeking a PL/SQL wizard who enjoys working with complex data models and business logic written in SQL. You will work exclusively with our Accounting Engine – the core component of our flagship SaaS application. You will master the complexities of generating journal entries for multiple accounting standards while managing data explosion, based on mathematical approaches to accounting and data compaction and disaggregation. Much of your time will be spent working side by side with accountants, trying to unravel the nuances of “long tail” scenarios that require tweaks to the PL/SQL without breaking existing scenarios. This is a person who enjoys digging into code and getting their hands dirty with tasks of all sizes and varying degrees of complexity.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address priority bug reports coming from our constantly growing portfolio of Fortune 1000 clients
- Focus on refactoring and performance tuning based on guidance from log and usage analysis
- Work with Oracle PL/SQL running in a cloud environment
- Work with an established application. While there may be occasional opportunities to do “green field” development, this position will primarily entail working with and modifying other people’s code, even when adding new features
- Work with partial information
- Juggle multiple shifting priorities, handling a mixture of small problems and tweaks at the same time as you progress through larger tasks that may require weeks to complete
- At least five years of relevant programming experience with PL/SQL, with particular emphasis on complex stored procedures that span the CRUD spectrum
- A proven ability to recognize and leverage established patterns is a must
- A degree or minor in mathematics or accounting
- Have some exposure to accounting concepts such as operating expense, amortization and depreciation
- Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and end users, both by e-mail and video-enabled webconference
- Ability to clearly communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to be tactful and diplomatic in fielding questions that you may consider inane, or that you may not be able to answer, buying time while you pursue internal resources who can assist you in answering the questions
- Good judgment and know when to ask questions and when to run independently
- Experience with ERPs such as Oracle EBS or SAP is a plus
- Experience developing accounting or bookkeeping applications
Applicants must be authorized to work in United States
LeaseAccelerator Services, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
LeaseAccelerator is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company based in Northern Virginia. Our mission is to help Fortune 500 companies navigate through one of the largest accounting changes ever: the new lease accounting standards. In the process, we are defining a new category of software that will become a critical component of the back-office operations in every major company around the world.