Accounting Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Reston, VA
The LeaseAccelerator Accounting Quality Assurance Analyst (AQAA) is a key player supporting our ELA SaaS solution which is experiencing very high growth in the market. The AQAA is a critical member of the Product Assurance team and is responsible for ensuring that the application meets the business expectations through rigorous requirements and use case analysis and test planning.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
- Analyze accounting output to validate accuracy and compliance with ASC 840, ASC 842, IAS 17 and IFRS 16 guidance
- Provide accounting expertise to the Product Assurance organization to ensure ELA accounting output is in compliance with prevailing standards
- Analyze business requirements and defining detail functional and operational use/test cases
- Develop test plans and scenarios to validate the system operations and output
- Collaborate with various LeaseAccelerator teams to ensure that the overall product meets the customer and market expectations for a high-quality ELA application.
- Work with LeaseAccelerator’s Product Management team to both develop and document accounting requirements
- Produce all required artifacts and deliverables for release work such as Scope Documents, use cases, user stories, workflow diagrams, screen mockups, etc.
- Review development analysis and design documents to ensure consistency with the stated business, functional, and use case requirements
- Develop detailed test plans, scenarios, and expected outcomes to validate the accuracy and performance of each feature and enhancement (including defect resolution) based on the defined requirements and use cases
- Execute tests of each newly developed feature and enhancement as well as defect resolution to ensure the software is working as designed
- Define specific requirements and expected outcomes for comprehensive automated regression testing
- Analyze defect trends to identify root causes to define continuous improvement actions to reduce development issues
- Develop a comprehensive test bed of sample leases to capture both standard and known edge cases both from a content, activity, and timing perspective
- Assist in further developing the quality assurance and improvement program to align with leading industry practices by:
- Fostering the sharing of knowledge across the company
- Contributing to the training curriculum
- 3-5 years of experience working in financial systems requirements analysis. Relevant financial systems may include:
- specialized accounting subject areas
- transactional management
- financial management
- business process applications, like real estate, fleet, and IT asset management systems
- 5-10 years of practical accounting experience within a Controller organization performing traditional accounting activities such as month-end close, technical accounting analysis, account reconciliations, etc.
- Knowledge of technical accounting standards related to leasing including the detail rules and calculations required to formulate journal entries and/or the ability to develop this knowledge quickly through self-study
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate controller organizational needs and operational activities
- Knowledge and understanding of requirements analysis and test planning concepts and procedures
- Experience working in the Accounting System and Information Technology field as a Requirements Analyst is strongly preferred.
- Prior leadership of or participation in User Acceptance Testing as accountants/users of the system under testing
- An understanding of the IT program life cycle phases is strongly desired
- Experience working with testers and developers to determine and implement requirements
- Strong organizational skills to manage and advance multiple relationships and projects simultaneously with a significant degree of autonomy and minimal oversight
- High energy, self-motivation, and a strong sense of purpose
- Flexible work style to manage through a fast changing, high-growth organization
- Ability to build new practices and procedures and drive continuous improvement across the company
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
It is desirable that the experience was gained through work in a large corporate organization and/or a Big4 or other consulting organization with a focus in:
- Requirements analysis and test planning
- Operational accounting user roles and understanding of the underlying accounting methods and procedures combined with significant testing experience
- Internal/external audit, especially audit test planning and analysis
Applicants must be authorized to work in United States
LeaseAccelerator Services, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
LeaseAccelerator is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company based in Northern Virginia. Our mission is to help Fortune 500 companies navigate through one of the largest accounting changes ever: the new lease accounting standards. In the process, we are defining a new category of software that will become a critical component of the back-office operations in every major company around the world.