LAS VEGAS, Nev. – February 12, 2018 – LeaseAccelerator will be co-presenting with Genpact tomorrow at the Financials 2018 Conference in Las Vegas. There are less than 12 months remaining until the initial deadlines for the new lease accounting standards (ASC 842 and IFRS 16). For many SAP-centric companies, implementing an ASC 842 project will be one of the top finance initiatives of 2018.
RESTON, Va. – January 31, 2018 – LeaseAccelerator, the leading provider of Enterprise Lease Accounting software, announced today that John Keenan has joined the company as its new chief revenue officer. Keenan brings 25 years of experience leading sales and marketing organizations at high-growth companies that disrupted or created new categories of software.
This guide explains the five major steps you need to understand at the beginning of your project. Following these steps will reduce your likelihood of having to repeat steps later. Plus, it will help you on your way to a successful and efficient implementation project for Day 1 of the new standards and beyond.
This guide reviews the five keys to success with your lease accounting project. Planning for these steps at the start will increase your project speed and reduce your chances of having to repeat a project phase later.
Technical Accounting Product Manager
Location: Reston, Virginia
Or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary objectives of this position are to analyze and assess market needs for business processes within the Enterprise Lease Management and accounting SaaS area. The LeaseAccelerator technical accounting product manager is a critical member of the Product Management team and is responsible for developing the product roadmap and overseeing software enhancement activities to deliver the application in accordance of the rigorous requirements and use case analysis. This is a highly visible role that works directly with management and subject matter experts across the organization to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of LeaseAccelerator enhancements.
- Review and assess new enhancement cases for prioritization and accuracy of ticket request content
- Lead the analysis and documentation of enhancements as it relates to the adoption of new lease accounting standards, proposed transactions, and new business activities
- Create release plans with the Product Assurance team
- Coordinate information gathering between business teams and engineering for complex accounting related enhancements
- Work closely with the Development team to communicate requirements, discuss solution alternatives, and ensure requested enhancements can be achieved
- Define detail business requirements for new Lease Accounting related features and enhancements while supporting GAAP and IFRS while considering the integration into the current software landscape
- Write product documentation and related communications for both internal and external customers explaining how to utilize our product in support of both GAAP and IFRS.
- Review system demonstration of product enhancement prior to development code being moved to a testing environment
- Coordinate with the Product Assurance team by providing input for detailed functional and operational use cases, test plans, scenarios, and expected outcomes to validate the accuracy and performance of each feature
- Conduct gap analysis between delivered functionality and additional client requirements and recommend solutions
- Provide analytical and troubleshooting abilities to address system feature issues
- Develop Customer facing materials and documentation including customer release notes and product feature advisories
- Mentor and direct accounting and IT professionals in the functional areas of Lease Accounting as it relates to the software enhancements
- Participate in ensuring compliance for SOC1 controls by ensuring the related control processes are performed and that the supporting documentation is maintained
- Coordinate the development release cycles such that a high-quality application is deployed to the user community
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting
- 6+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience
- 6+ years Accounting Information Systems, software or ERP experience
- Ability to research accounting standards and interpret and communicate findings
- Ability to research, write, edit, and proofread accounting narrative and technical requirements documents
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS and related financial reporting, financial statement preparation, and disclosure requirements
- Ability to analyze and clearly communicate financial information
- Ability to interact will all levels of management across the business
- Ability to work independently on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices and recommendations
- Strong organizational skills to manage and advance multiple relationships and projects simultaneously with a significant degree of autonomy and minimal oversight
- A high energy, self-motivated individual with a strong sense of purpose
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deliverables and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- A CPA
- Experience in public accounting
- Proven success in providing analysis and insightful advice to business managers and financial professionals
- Experience preparing control documentation
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP with an emphasis on ASC840 and/or ASC842
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate controllership organizational and operational activities
Applicants must be authorized to work in United States
LeaseAccelerator Services, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
LeaseAccelerator is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company based in Northern Virginia. Our mission is to help Fortune 500 companies navigate through one of the largest accounting changes ever: the new lease accounting standards. In the process, we are defining a new category of software that will become a critical component of the back-office operations in every major company around the world.
Brian Martfeld, Director of Corporate Accounting at Tyson Foods discusses their approach to evaluating and selecting a lease accounting software vendor. Martfeld explains the challenges faced with complying with the new ASC 842 standard and the key requirements Tyson was seeking including SAP integration, fiscal calendar support and asset-level lease accounting.