Technical accounting and financial reporting experts gather at the industry’s largest event and only event dedicated to ASC 842 and IFRS 16 compliance
CHICAGO – June 19, 2018 – LeaseAccelerator, the pioneer in Enterprise Lease Accounting software, will kick off its Summer 2018 Lease Accounting Summit with an opening reception this evening in Chicago, IL. Tomorrow over one hundred representatives from Fortune 1000 and middle market companies will join thought leaders from audit and advisory firms for the one day event at the Navy Pier conference center.
Presentation topics at the summit will center around the key challenges companies face when transitioning to the new lease accounting standards, such as:
- Preparation for substantive and SOX audits including design of policies and controls
- Technical accounting challenges including practical expedients and policy elections
- Quantitative and qualitative disclosures strategies for both pre and post adoption
- Record-to-report processes for new leases as well as modifications and reassessments
- Abstraction and collection of leasing data from contracts, systems and stakeholders
- Integration between lease accounting, the general ledger and other financial systems
- Teaming with procurement and treasury to optimize capital sourcing and reduce costs
- Project strategies including resource staffing, budgeting and governance
Panelists will include controllers and leaders from the technical accounting, financial reporting, corporate treasury functions at Salesforce.com, McKesson, Charter Communications, NuStar Energy, AON, Tyson Foods, Eaton Mosaic and Station Casinos. The panelists will be moderated by management consultants and executives from PwC, EY, RSM, RGP and Riveron Consulting.
“With the deadline rapidly approaching, accounting leaders are looking for strategies to accelerate and derisk their implementation of ASC 842 and IFRS 16,” said Michael Keeler, CEO of LeaseAccelerator. “We are thrilled to have such an all-star line-up of controllers, project leaders and technical accounting experts join us to share insights on lessons learned, best practices, and pitfalls to avoid when implementing the new standards.”
More information about the lease accounting summit is available at: https://www.leaseaccelerator.com/company/events/lease-accounting-summit-june-2018/
LeaseAccelerator offers the market-leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution for Enterprise Lease Accounting, enabling compliance with the current and new FASB and IFRS standards. Using LeaseAccelerator’s proprietary Global Lease Accounting Engine, customers can apply the new standards to all types of leases including real estate, fleet, IT, and other equipment at an asset-level as required by FASB and IASB. On average, LeaseAccelerator’s Sourcing and Management applications generate savings of 17 percent with smarter procurement and end-of-term management. Learn more at http://www.leaseaccelerator.com/.
Media Only Contact:
Buttonwood Communications Group