Location: Reston, VA (Headquarters)
The LeaseAccelerator Senior Analyst Lease Accounting (SALA) possess lease administration and accounting expertise. He or she will collaborate with the LeaseAccelerator customer support teams; with our partners who are well known in the accounting industry, and with customer user teams. Together, the SALA, customer support, partners and user teams will train, assist, and provide consultation on implementing the LeaseAccelerator Enterprise Lease Accounting (ELA) SaaS application. The analyst will assist in examining and evaluating implementation methodologies, data migration procedures, and service effectiveness, efficiency, and economy with respect to a set of industry leading practices. He or she will assist our clients and partners in managing, promoting and maintaining LeaseAccelerator’s industry leading position.
The primary objective of this position is to provide implementation support to our customers and partners using our SaaS LeaseAccelerator. Within our Company, this position will be responsible for overseeing execution of client implementations by our partners and clients in a manner that is acceptable with our own standards while maintaining a strong reputation and reference for our product. This position will partially evolve into a support role as our clients are fully implemented, but requiring ongoing enhancements or further explanations for existing reporting and functionality.
Enterprise Lease Accounting includes both equipment and real estate. Ideally, the Senior Analyst Lease Accounting will act as Subject Matter Expert with respect to the features and functions and related accounting to supporting both. If there is limited experience in one of these areas, the SALA must demonstrate a strong willingness to learn the other. For real estate, this would include understanding the specific nuances of the lease accounting standards as they relate to asset types typically considered as part of a real estate portfolio (land, buildings, cell towers and the like) as well as related accounting standards which may apply to other aspects of a real estate lease such as (but not limited to) tenant allowances, leasehold improvements, CAMS charges, other lease charges etc.
Given the nature of this position and the need to interact closely with our clients and partners, travel will be required to get the job done, likely 30% to 50%.
Senior Analyst Lease Accounting
Assist in further developing the SaaS Implementation Practices and Documentation to align with leading industry practices by:
- Assisting with, conducting, and coordinating implementations with clients and partners.
- Reviewing current processes and recommending solutions and improved processes for implementation.
- Contributing to the training curriculum.
Work with existing internal subject matter experts to:
- Assist with the continual development of training to ensure our Partners and Clients are self-sufficient in their use of LeaseAccelerator
- Assist our Solution Consultants in identifying requirements, gap analysis, and related communications to client
- Work with the sales team to ensure timely, smooth transition to the implementation phase
- Apply technical accounting research to business transactions, specifically within the areas of ASC 840, ASC 842, IAS 17 and IFRS 16
- Understand SEC reporting requirements to prepare high-quality footnotes and disclosures for the SEC Forms 10Q and 10K for ASC 840 and 842
- Deliver accurate plan and forecast estimates to FP&A for each accounting area of responsibility for each new implementation
The candidate should be able to understand and communicate at a highly professional level the day to day tasks that would be performed by our clients and partners. This includes accounting from a Lessee perspective.
- For existing and future on-balance sheet leases as lessee, understand how to prepare monthly entries to book interest and depreciation expenses, prepare monthly roll forward reports, quarterly maturity schedules, and monthly account reconciliations
- Understand how to gather relevant data on new equipment leases and prepare classification tests as lessee; and maintain audit trail
- Gather information about existing and new leases and load data into LeaseAccelerator to generate right of use asset & obligation schedules and generation of interest and depreciation entries to GL
- Prepare monthly and quarterly disclosures and monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts to report details
Understand various integration options and how they would work in different Company environments related to General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Tax Systems and other ERP modules.
Senior Analyst Lease Accounting
The primary initial focus will be on working with existing subject matter experts and assisting in implementations of client portfolios to comply with the new lease accounting standards. The LA Senior Analyst Lease Accounting therefore is required to have an understanding of the business processes and practices used by clients as well as a good understanding of the features and functions of the LeaseAccelerator software. The SALA must also possess an understanding of leading lease accounting processes and procedures to ensure a high-quality implementation resulting in a referenceable client using the appropriate level of resources.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience working with transactional management, financial management and business process applications in an accounting analysis and reporting capacity, with a post-secondary degree in Finance or Accounting. Since the role is also focused on providing SME for Real Estate, it is highly desirable that the above experience is in support of a Real Estate Administration or related Accounting system.
Other skills include:
- The ability to manage and advance multiple relationships and projects simultaneously with a significant degree of autonomy, often with little or no support from anyone else and in the service of busy internal and external users
- Experience working at a top consulting organization, Real Estate administration software firm, Big 4 audit firm, Fortune 500 Finance and Accounting or Real Estate management organization or their supporting IT development teams.
- Experience and knowledge working with Fortune 500 corporate functions to include procurement, operations, real estate management, treasury, finance, and accounting.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
LeaseAccelerator offers the market-leading SaaS solution for Enterprise Lease Accounting, enabling compliance with SOX, SEC, and current and new FASB and IFRS standards. Using LeaseAccelerator’s proprietary asset-based Global Lease Accounting Engine, customers can account for all categories of leases including real estate, fleet, IT, material handling and other equipment at an asset-level. On average, LeaseAccelerator’s Lease Sourcing and Management applications generate savings of 17 percent on equipment leasing costs with smarter procurement and end-of-term management. Learn more at http://www.leaseaccelerator.com/.
LeaseAccelerator Services, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.