Lease Accounting Session:
Lessons Learned for Tackling AASB 16
Tuesday, May 21st| 12pm – 2pm
PwC Offices – Barangaroo, Sydney
Join experts from PwC and LeaseAccelerator over breakfast as they share lessons learned after working with organisations in the United States to complete their first reporting period under the new standard, discuss overall readiness in the Australian market and share the key business benefits of complying with AASB 16.
By attending this session, you will gain:
- Practical advice on how to begin and effectively manage the transition to the new lease accounting standard.
- A better understanding of the new close process and practical impacts on month-end experienced by over 180 LeaseAccelerator US-based clients. Many of which have users based in APAC and EMEA whom are dual reporting under IFRS 16.
- Insights into the broader business benefits that the data delivered will enable, including:
- Improved lease portfolio management, delivering hard cost savings,
- Increased operational and financial controls,
- Clarity into debt covenants and M&A transaction value.
- Guidance around technology considerations to ensure rapid readiness for Day 1 and ongoing Day 2 sustainability compliance.
Sean is a partner within the Accounting Advisory Group at PwC, which specialises in providing IFRS technical accounting advice. He is the lead partner responsible for helping clients prepare for the new leasing standard. Part of Sean’s role is determining best practices for dealing with challenges arising from the standard.
VP, Lease Accounting
John Kuett leads the accounting strategy in the EMEA and Asia Pacific Regions for LeaseAccelerator. In his role, John works with companies to enable them to comply with the IFRS 16 and ASC 842 standards. He also helps train internal and external resources and supports pre-sales and post-sales activities.
VP, Global Alliances
Tyler’s mission is to ensure that LeaseAccelerator customers have access to a network of professional services organizations who can support day one compliance projects for lease accounting with services such as business process transformation, data collection, and software implementation.