Countdown to GASB 87 Compliance
Thursday, November 21st
2:00 pm ET | 1:00 pm CT | 11:00 am PT
1 CPE Credit
Complying with the new GASB 87 lease accounting standard will require a significant shift in how organizations account for leases for reporting periods beginning after December 15, 2019. The changes required by these new rules will impact nearly all governmental entities and related GASB reporting organizations who operate as lessees, lessors, or both.
Join lease accounting experts from RSM and LeaseAccelerator as they discuss how to best prepare for adopting and reporting under GASB 87. During this webinar, experts will recap lessons learned from real-world implementations and discuss how companies can leverage technology to automate and overcome the complexities of transitioning and sustaining compliance.
- What changes under GASB 87
- How to begin and effectively manage the transition to the new lease accounting standard
- How organizations can leverage technology to get compliant and stay compliant with an accurate, repeatable close process
Sr. Director, Technical Accounting Consulting,
RSM US LLP
CPE Credit: 1
By the end of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Explain key accounting considerations for both lessors and lessees
- Discuss GASB 87 implementation challenges
- Begin developing a plan for implementation
- Define technology considerations for ensuring sustainable compliance
Attendance Requirements: Attendees must answer at least 3 of the 4 interactive polling questions at different intervals during the webinar to earn credit.
Field of Study: Accounting
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based