GASB 87 Delay:
How to Use Your Time Wisely
GASB recently announced the effective date of the new accounting standards will be extended by 18 months. Whether you have already started your GASB 87 project or not, today’s ever-changing environment is making leasing more complex, creating risk for your overall GASB 87 adoption process.
During this webinar replay, Len Neuhaus, CPA and VP of Lease Accounting at LeaseAccelerator shares how you can use this extra time effectively to achieve the best results for your GASB leasing project and key takeaways of lessons learned from implementations by public companies of other accounting standards.
Register to watch the replay
- Principles of the new GASB 87 lease accounting rules
- Key differences between the GASB and FASB standards.
- Policy decisions required to adopt the new standard
- Key decisions: critical data required to start your implementation
- Common implementation pitfalls to avoid
- Budget, plan and staff to achieve Day 1 compliance
- Applying automation to effectively scale and sustain lease accounting projects
Len Neuhaus, CPA