Lease Accounting – Where Do We Go from Here?
How to achieve sustainable ASC 842 success
May 30, 2019
2:00 pm ET | 1:00 pm CT | 11:00 am PT
The first big wave of public company filers are wrapping up their first quarter of reporting under ASC 842. But, for many companies the 10-Q was a brute force effort dependent upon spreadsheets, workarounds, and lots of staff. While organizations can survive with such an approach, it won’t scale over the long term. Nor will it position organizations for a successful year-end audit.
Join our panel of experts for a discussion and debate about:
- What is the current state of readiness amongst public companies following the first big wave of interim reports? What’s working well and what is not?
- What to expect from the rest of “Year One “as companies begin to tackle new challenges like track changes to their lease portfolio for potential modifications and reassessments?
- What does success look like? How to transition to a sustainable, long term model for success that leverages systems, processes, and controls to ensure accuracy and completeness?
Discussion topics will include:
- Day one compliance vs day two operations concerns
- Inter-relationships between lease administration and lease accounting
- Spreadsheets and workarounds vs systems and automation